Friday, August 19, 2011

No Worries

It's been another solid week of running, mainly on the treadmill. My calf issues appear to be behind me, following a full week of rest.

This week, a Monday five, Tuesday four and a six-miler at midweek. One mile warmup/cooldown on either side, with four miles at 8:34 pace in the middle. Solid work. There's something about upping the pace that helps make the time go by and make me feel like I'm getting somewhere.

Since Wednesday's run was nearly an hour, I listened to a Pheidippidations podcast that talked about what makes people happy. I sometimes think about this question, and I may get into it at some point.

So I have seven scheduled for Saturday, which includes a 5K (3.1 mi) road race that helps a local high school. I've been told this course has a devil of a hill. Guess I'll find out.

I'll bang out the rest of the miles afterward. 25 miles projected for the week, likely 27 the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment