Sunday, July 8, 2012

800 repeats

I cranked out 5x800 repeats Saturday morning at about 7:40 pace, which is flying for me. 400 rest in between. Good, hard work. Had to dig a little bit toward the end-- had to work a little harder. It was good effort. Stretching the boundaries and dialing up the speed a little has helped me suffer a little and sort of realize what I can do.It's also nice, since I can squeeze everything into a five-mile run before work.

Doing a Wednesday long run turned out to be a big help in getting to a 25-mile week on only four runs. I haven't been out on the trails lately, since my (third) anniversary and wife's (not third) birthday both fell on a Wednesday, and a two-mile race landed on Independence Day Wednesday. Work will get in the way this week, but I'll get back out there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment