Sunday, December 9, 2012

Changes

As I alluded to previously, things are a little different in my world these days.

I no longer work retail at the running store. I've moved on to a full-time position as a bank teller at a local credit union. I enjoyed hanging around the running store, making new friends and hanging around old ones, but the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. I'm looking forward to meeting more new people and expanding my horizons.

It also means that running is not as big a part of my life as it was. Part of the reason I ran before was accountability-- can't work at the store and *not* run, plus we'd talk about training during down time. Working at noon really helped get those daily workouts in, which was a big help, especially during marathon and half-marathon training. 

Now that chapter is over, since my workday now stretches 8:30 to 6. My first week at the new job was the week of Thanksgiving, so that wasn't as bad, but the week following was an off week, and I've gone out two times in each of the last two weeks, ten weekly miles. I can tell I've lost a bit of fitness, and my hamstring pain is almost gone, though it was a little sore yesterday. 

Running is still very important to me, but if I run, it'll happen in the morning. So I'm looking forward to new challenges of learning a new trade and new way of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment