Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Live Team Trivia

Last night I made it back to my Monday night running group for the first time in a month. It's one of the joys of being a retail employee-- you can't really say no to hours but the downside is the schedule can be somewhat erratic. So I made it out for a sixer on a mid-70 degree evening, an evening where you can't *not* go out for a run, especially since the temps won't be cooling off any time soon. I ticked off an easy four in the morning to make it a double and felt really good during both runs.

This Monday evening group has taken on some of the feeling I had when the First Lady and I went to play trivia in Tuscaloosa. It was a way to check in with our friends and see how everyone was doing. It almost was like church for us-- that circle of friends is an awesome group of folks and we always looked forward to seeing them and playing. So the running group has a little of that mojo to it. I like the people who work at the Fleet Feet store where we meet, I like the folks who show up, and I like the guys who stop for a beer afterward. Good stuff.

One of the previous times I ran with that group, I guess it's been six weeks or so now, a New Balance shoe rep showed up with some Fresh Foam 980 shoes to try out. I never say no to a chance to run in a new pair of shoes, and I have never tried running in NB. Well, there was that one time when I first started running and ran in their (improper, for me) shoes and got plantar fasciitis. So it didn't work that time.

This time, however, was different. I thought the 980s were incredible shoes-- lightweight and comfortable.
NB Fresh Foam 980. Also available in blue.
 If I can't even tell I have a pair of shoes on, it's a good sign, and I could hardly notice these dudes on my feet. Great run, and a great feel on my neutral feet. It was unusual in that there was no noticeable guidance line on the sole of the shoe, but it made me no difference. I've seen reviews that were lukewarm, but I sure wouldn't mind adding them to my rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment