Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hiatus

My two-week, post-marathon rest ends tomorrow. This was my carrot, my reward for weekly mileage in the 40s during December and January.

I can't say I've been chomping at the bit and absolutely jonesing to get back out there, but I *have* noticed that something is missing from my life. Something that's been there for a long time and is now a very big part of me. I've enjoyed some leisurely and coffee-filled mornings, but I'm ready to get back after it a little.

Besides-- I'm always five minutes behind, regardless of where I'm going or what I'm doing. Might as well get a run in.

The 5K and 10K race season is about to begin, so I'll try to take this new fitness and see what else I can accomplish. There is also the possibility of a half marathon in Tuscaloosa toward the end of March, which I may spend some time talking about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment