Friday, April 27, 2012

Mayor's Cup, 2012

I'm laying low in advance of tomorrow's Mayor's Cup 5K race. I haven't run all week, so it's very likely to be a run for me, as opposed to a race. 

The course this year is different than last, but I still think it'll be pretty flat, so I'll remember last year's time of 24:53. The 5K PR of 23:08 is not within reach. It's the reality of the situation.

I'll  also remember the hamstring I tweaked at the end of last week's nine-mile run. It was feeling pretty good, but Tuesday I chased our chalkboard easel down the street while at work and felt a little twinge. Before the second twinge, I'd planned a Tuesday return. Then things got pushed back to where I couldn't justify a Thursday or Friday run in advance of the race. No sense in risking things.

So the plan for now is to run Saturday and see what the world looks like. Much like last year, I run at 8 and open the store at 9:30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment