Sunday, April 15, 2012

Training

Two good weeks of running are in the books... 26 and 28-mile weeks. It's just been too nice outside not to run, and things have been effortless. Long runs have not gone past eight miles.

I'm back to running doubles, Mondays about 8:30 am and pm. I like it since it's a decent way to bump up mileage without adding an extra day. I stopped doing it a while back, since my foot was hurting. But with that pain manageable and mostly behind me, I've worked my way up. 3 in the morning and evening, then 3-4, and 4-4 last week. 5-4 is on tap for tomorrow (weather permitting), possibly making it up to 30 miles, though nothing serious is on the horizon.

I am down for my next 5K on Saturday, April 28. It's the sixth annual Mayor's Cup, which was run in August last year due to the tornado. I wonder if I can do something in the 22:00 window. 23:08 is the PR I'll be gunning for.

No comments:

Post a Comment