Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Back to the Grind

I'm back in the saddle following Saturday's success. I'm still happy with that run-- it was about as well as I could've run that day.

I've decided to stay in the mid to upper 20-mile neighborhood for a few more weeks and race in the monthly or so 5K. I don't really have a need to get above 30 weekly miles unless there's a half or a full marathon out there. 

Today's run started at 8:30 am, which is now too late, since the calendar now says May. Low 70s and humid at the start, 81 by the 9:30 finish. I did a six-miler, with four miles at 8:45. I did a nice job of holding my split times, but the heat and humidity and the baking sun really beat me down-- my heart rate got over 180 a few times. 

I ran today in my Pearl Izumi IsoShift, which I raced in Saturday, and my Experia running socks. This combination felt about as good on my feet as anything has recently. Really felt the cushion from the socks. I wonder about the tread on the Pearls-- 225 miles and the forefoot seems worn a little.

26 miles this week, then likely 27-28-29, then we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment