Wednesday, May 16, 2012

More Miles

There really isn't a whole lot going on, training-wise. It's nice in a way, since there's no race, there's no sense of urgency. I run if I want to, but don't worry about it (much) if I don't. I've reached my overarching weight goal, so there really isn't much left right now.

Don't misunderstand-- I still need to get out the door 4-5 times a week, maybe crank out a little Wednesday tempo run and maybe a 7-8 miler on Saturday. However, life occasionally gets in the way and not all scheduled miles get run that week. My last five weeks have been 26-28-30-3 (that was hamstring and Mayor's Cup week)-26 and 15 last week. I'm at 15 so far this week with a weekend trip to Nashville this weekend.

This means I'll vary my pattern a little bit. I'll go for a fiver tomorrow (Thursday) before work and take Friday as a travel day before another five-miler in Nashville Saturday. I'll enjoy a short run in a different neighborhood, unlike the time we took a trip to Kansas City during half marathon training and I banged out 12 miles on a treadmill (it seemed like a good idea) one evening.

No races on the horizon-- just miles and miles. And that's just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment