Saturday, January 10, 2015

Priorities

In looking at my running logs over the past few months since returning from my back injury, my weekly mileage has been all over the place. It's been as low as 11.5 and as high as 23 the week of Christmas, when Santa brought me a snazzy new pair of Tifosi sunglasses. Most weeks I've run in the upper teens.

I'm OK with it for now, since I'm in the process of reorganizing my priorities, and I've also begun my second semester of graduate school. I like that running is still high on my list of things to do, and I still like how I feel after a run. But I'll have to get used to shorter daily runs (cutting a few miles from the 6 or 7 I used to do) in order to fit my schedule, and I'll also have to adjust to being a little more winded, since my conditioning isn't what it used to be.

Two weeks until raceday. Might have to start adjusting my expectations since the last few runs haven't felt all that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment