Monday, February 20, 2017

Holt 5K T-Shirt

So I've finally come to the conclusion that I have too many race t-shirts. This is a big thing for someone like me who has a bit of a hoarder streak. I don't have 19 cats or every issue of Runner's World. I don't even race a whole lot.

This is the front of the shirt, with the houndstooth ribbon
paying tribute to the Tuscaloosa tornado April 27. 
Definitely a dark day, and certainly one I'll never forget.
But I do have shirts from races I ran in North Central Kansas nine years ago, and many more going forward from the time I was a midwesterner, which ended in 2009. I just don't have it in me to let go of them. Perhaps I'll set them aside and have a quilt made. Just send the shirts in and the company makes it for you. Their ads are in the back of the running mags.


One of these shirts is from the Nucor-Holt 5K, which I've written about here and here. This one comes from the 2011 effort, when I let a guy pass me right at the end.


I have my own thoughts on why there aren't any sponsors, but I won't share them here. I'm just starting to cycle out some old race shirts and wanted to share the stories behind them.

Back of the race shirt.
As far as actual road work, things are going very well. 18 consecutive weeks of 20+ miles. I haven't lost any weight mainly because my diet sucks, but I still like where I'm at when I step on the scale. 

I ran an back on Saturday in the light rain, making 26 miles for the week. I'm at 68 for the month, 27 miles away from my monthly goal of 95 and already more than the 58 I ran in February 2016. 

Good stuff-- I'm pleased with it.

1 comment: