Sunday, October 23, 2011

Light Week

I've reached the end of another training cycle... Mileage was 28-30-28 for the last three weeks. Solid workouts.

This week I'm planning four runs of five miles each as I reduce the workload this week. I'm thinking of throwing in some heart-rate intervals for my second run Tuesday, and I'm signed up for a Freaky Friday 8K this week. But otherwise nothing intense is planned.

I did sneak in eight miles yesterday and ten the week before for my Saturday long runs. I've been throwing in five-minute pickups every 20 minutes to change things up a little. And for the first time, I was bored on a run. Not tired or out of gas, just wanting to do something else. It was pretty weird.

The weather is also starting to turn colder here in Alabama. I used my birthday money to buy a Brooks running vest at the store that I had my eye on for several months. I imagine I'll get to take it for a spin before too long, as I get used to my cold weather gear once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment