Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday Intervals

Took off on my six-mile interval run today, picking up the pace for a full minute at 8, 15, 23, 31, 39 and 47 minutes. I don’t aim for a pace on these pickups, but they get near the 7:30-mile area. Three weeks ago I did these intervals every nine minutes, two weeks ago every eight. Total time this morning was 56 and some change.

It’s a great way to get the heart rate up, but the end of my runs typically pose the biggest challenge, with two decent uphills at the end, one of which is at the very end of the run.

Today’s run was in my Saucony Guide 2 stability shoes, which have about 275 miles on them. A few weeks ago I put navy blue bungee laces on them, and the results are excellent. No laces to tie/untie, and the shoes fit looser but are just as secure on my feet. The elastic laces spread the pressure up and down my foot instead of concentrating the pressure at the knot in regular laces.

So another six in the bank—15 for the week, headed for 28, which includes a scheduled nine-miler on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment