Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Took off this morning on my first run in two weeks-- a five-miler in the neighborhood. I wasn't really sure what to expect, give my recent foot pain.

So I put on my Saucony Guide 2 shoes and a new pair of Feetures compression socks, courtesy of the sock rep that stopped by the store the other day.

That pain was non-existent for the entire run-- I felt great the whole time. But it did feel like the first time I'd done this in a while. There were times where it felt just a little sluggish. It's also starting to be that time of the year when I'll have to get out the door earlier, since leaving at 8:45 means a run that's a little warmer.

I didn't put the hammer down at all, since I think the tempo run (at about 8:15) two weeks ago was a cause of the increase on the pain meter. Right now the plan is to give it two weeks at 9:40-ish pace and then see how it feels. But we're off to a good start.

Man, it felt great to be out there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment