Monday, August 27, 2012

New Week

Today I took my IsoShift shoes for a morning spin, leaving the house just after 8:00. The mornings in our part of the world have been pleasant of late, allowing me to drink a little extra coffee. That's the good part. What's bad is that when I leave later, I get back later, and that cuts into the rest of the day.

But anyhow, I cranked out my seven-miler and am back here telling you about it. 62:13 was the time, average pace of 8:53. I'm strongly considering a double today-- maybe adding a four or a five tonight, nothing strenuous. There's a .75 oval here in town that's safer to run on at night. I find that I like front-loading my running during the first part of the week, as it helps keep mileage up without too much of a commitment on Saturday morning. It works well for retail wonks like me who don't really know what the schedule will look like week to week, but will usually involve a Saturday shift.

I'm still trying to keep my weeks in the 25-mile neighborhood. No races on the horizon, but maybe a flat 5K to close the season.


No comments:

Post a Comment