Thursday, November 7, 2013

Product Review, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14

This evening featured my Thursday running group. Fun folks, most of whom are different than the people I see on Monday nights. A nice, easy run of 5.4 miles, 8:50 pace. Good stuff.

There was a bit of a plot twist, though. The Brooks shoe rep stopped by with a supply of these:

New Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14
I am a Brooks guy-- I ran in the Adrenaline 11 and 12 (marathon shoe), but scoring some free and some inexpensive shoes from other brands means that I haven't bought from Brooks in a while. That being said, they are outstanding shoes, and I enjoyed my five-miler. My buddy got the size 9.5 just ahead of me, so I ran in a 10 and had no complaints.

As far as shoe reviews, I can't tell you what's different, though I read the breathability of the fabric is improved. So I am no help when it comes to advanced technical stuff. What I do know is that this shoe is as comfortable as I remember them being, and I loved running in them, even though my shoes were a half-size too big. If you're out there running and you aren't thinking about your shoes, then you've got good rubber on your feet. That's what happened to me. I wouldn't even know they are stability shoes just by the way they felt. I guess that's why Brooks calls them their go to shoe. I'd definitely recommend them.

They had a good beat and they made my feet feel like dancing. 4.5/5 stars.

Running swag included a couple of blue Brooks headbands and this decal:


No comments:

Post a Comment