Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Shoe Review, Nike Pegasus 30

I just realized I didn't do a product review on my newest pair of kicks, the Nike Pegasus 30, or these guys here:

Nike Pegasus 30 that went out for a test drive
We got to try these dudes out when the Nike rep showed up at Monday running group about two months ago. I had only walked around the running store in older versions of these and they felt different than the shoes I already had, so I was a little skeptical. But it was a chance to run a five in free shoes. I'm not sure how it works, but I think the shoe company gets to donate the gently-used shoes and get a tax write-off or something.

Anyhow, we took off on our normal route, and they were incredible. Lightweight, spongy, comfortable, and barely noticeable on my feet. I ran briefly with the rep and told her as much. I had never worn shoes like this before. Ever. This was a great five-mile run, and I didn't want to take them off.

These were the shoes I picked up a few days later.
 I've switched the red laces for the black elastic version.


As it turned out, the happiness was not over, since they put everyone's name into a hat (a little over 20 folks) and drew for a free pair. Now I never win drawings, but I threw my name in there. What the hell, right? So I was as surprised as anyone when they called my name as the winner. My two previous shoe purchases cost me $90 combined and I thought that was pretty good until this happened.

I ran the Athens Half Marathon in these shoes, and I am up to about 60 miles total. There are five pairs of shoes in my rotation, and they are all comfortable and take care of my feet. However, it's a good day when I get to wear these out for a run, so my level of satisfaction remains very high.

I know Nike has a reputation, what with their business practices and everything. But these shoes are incredible and are causing me to rethink my status as a non-Nike customer.


No comments:

Post a Comment