Friday, December 16, 2011

Fresh Rubber

Today, I welcomed the latest addition to my running shoe rotation. These are the new Asics Gel Neo 33, compliments of the shoe company, and a fringe benefit of working at a running store. I've scored three pairs of shoes and I don't know how many shirts and pairs of wicking socks this way.


As I understand it, this is Asics' entry into the minimalist category. It doesn't make a lot of sense, since there is plenty of cushion on the heel, and the weight of 11.5 ounces is a few ounces heavier than my Adrenaline GTS 12. Perhaps a runner can land on the midfoot (as in the Brooks Pure Project) or on the heel. In any event, I do feel plenty of cushion, and I'll learn more about this new pair of running dogs Monday.

The reason I'm waiting until Monday is my 16-mile long run tomorrow morning, as marathon training continues. The plan is to do eight miles at 8:45 pace. It'll make 39 for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment