Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday Tempo

Today I ran the same run as I did back on Saturday-- ten miles, with eight at 8:15 pace.

It was harder than before. My splits were a little higher, though I did have some decent half-mile splits, and my legs didn't feel as fresh as before. The time was a minute and a half slower (:09 per mile) than before, My only fuel was the blueberry-pomegranate flavor of Gu Chomps and no water, which I understand isn't ideal, since the Gu apparently needs water to work best. I may go back to Sport Beans, since I feel the results have been better for me.

It was also 30 degrees with no wind at the 8:15 am start. I've added some Saucony arm warmers and some brand X gloves from the running shop. Both came off four miles in as the temperature warmed a little. I had a tech shirt and my favorite (only!) running hoodie, as well as leg tights and wind pants. Felt comfortable, temperature-wise.

I have an easy five-miler set for Thursday, and an 18-mile long run on New Year's Eve, which is an off day from work. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment