Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Doubles

Last week was a 28-mile week, since I ran a seven-miler on a rare Sunday run. It was just too nice not to. I even got in a nap beforehand, so it really was a great day.

Something I did last Monday and again last night was run twice in a day. Last week's double was a four in the morning and a four at night, after I close the running shop. I think it's a great way to add manageable distances that fit into my schedule. Four in the morning is pretty easy for me to get done. At night, Ann is at choir practice, so I don't miss spending time with her during my evening session. It also helps the weekly total a bit.

Anyhow, last night's double was 4.5 on both ends. I was in a bit of a hurry in the morning (yeah-- I'm surprised too) so I cranked it a bit, getting things done in 38:45. The night run took 44:19.

My right knee was a little sore throughout the day, having run three times in 36 hours, and both Monday runs were on elderly shoes (more than 400 miles) with cushion somewhat lacking. Apparently it's a bit different than bagging a 16-mile run during marathon training, when I had no knee pain. The soreness is less than a 1 on a 10 scale, but I'll keep an eye on it.

I'm thinking about some 800 repeats tomorrow, for a seven or eight-mile trip before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment