Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rest

Wednesday of last week, I went to the Alabama rec center. It was spring break, so parking was pretty good. I liked the number that showed up when I stepped on the scale, then I went upstairs for an eight-mile treadmill tempo run, with six at 8:40.

I chose to cut it a bit short for a couple of reasons. One, I was bored-- I never realized how dull a treadmill can be, even though I began my running program that way.

Two, my right foot started to hurt. Worse than it ever has. The pain is still at the base of my big toe, although this time it seemed to be more on the top of my foot. I trained for Birmingham through it, but this pain got up to a 4 or a 5 on a 10 scale.

I believe the cause of the injury is the Gel-Neo shoes I've worn at work. They're pretty rigid, so my foot has to do a lot of work. I don't run in them, but I was wearing them all the time at work. So I'm back into my Mizuno Wave Inspire 6 at the running shop, waiting for my body to settle down a bit.

It's gotten a little better since then, but I think I'll wait until Wednesday or Thursday to go for another spin. Besides-- there are (more) new socks to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment