Sunday, March 4, 2012

Friday night I went to bed with the thought of racing a 5K and seeing where I was, timewise.

I got up at 6:15, got coffee, got fueled and dressed and headed to the UA Law School building at 7:15 to be ready for an 8:00 am start. Turns out 8 is when registration started. Since I had to be at work at 9:00, I had to punt. It was nice because I had time to eat a good breakfast and get a nice, hot shower. There was that nagging feeling of,"I didn't run today," but I couldn't do anything about it. Besides, I was at 21 miles for the week, on four runs-- nothing bad was happening to me. So I went on with my day.

There were also options. We were spending the evening with friends, so running after work or first thing Sunday was out. But Sunday afternoon was wide open, and I took full advantage. No clouds above, temps in the low 60s. A great day for a seven-miler, to make 28 for the week.

I'm planning on another double tomorrow, maybe five in the morning and four at about 8:30 pm, after work. Likely some interval work Wednesday, light day Friday and a long run Saturday. I sort of wanted to drive somewhere and run today and just ran in the neighborhood, so maybe I'll find a destination for this coming Saturday, since I'm not on the schedule.

It's also time to figure out just where and when I want to race.

No comments:

Post a Comment