Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday Six

Worked until three this afternoon, so I bagged six miles on the treadmill at the rec center. Half mile at 10:20, next half at 10:10, and the last five miles at an even ten-minute mile pace. 60 minutes in all.

I chose not to mess with the speed of my run, opting instead for playing with the incline, which I did every five minutes. This particular treadmill had a decline feature, which I also took advantage of. Still a solid run. Six on the day, 23 for the week.

I listened to an old Pheidippidations podcast for about 35 minutes, but it didn't capture my attention, so I listened to the top of my running playlist. Duran Duran, Boston, Hoosiers theme, stuff from the Rocky IV soundtrack, etc. It's sorted by most times played, so those songs are some of my faves.

This is the end of this three-week training cycle. Three straight weeks of increased weekly mileage (20-22-23) and now a lighter week of 16 begins Monday.

And my two-mile race is at 7:30 Monday morning. I hope to break 18 minutes. It's a fundraiser for tornado relief in Tuscaloosa, where my wife and I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment