Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tempo Run Wednesday

I ran a seven-miler on the treadmill Wednesday. A mile and a half warmup, then four miles at 8:49, followed by a mile and a half cooldown at 9:50. This was good, solid work-- it was a 3:30 pm run, and I'd been on my feet at work since 9 am. So I was a little tired, but it's OK once I got started. 65:15 total running time.

This makes 16 miles for the week, on the way to 27. Five Monday and four Tuesday, both outside.

I know a lot of people equate treadmill running with being a hamster on a running wheel, but I'm OK with it. I first started out running eight years ago on a treadmill, watching basketball or baseball games as the miles clicked by. Just keep up with the conveyor belt.

Now, it's podcasts. I listened to NPR's Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me, and some music to fill the rest of the time. Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran, More Than A Feeling by Boston, the theme from Hoosiers and some training music from Rocky IV to finish the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment